ELEMENTO LITE W JACKET
Note: This item is a Sales Product Sample, new with tags. We encourage you to use our official sizing charts above to determine if this product will fit you, but to help in deciding if the fit is right for you, this product will fit a normal women's size 0-4 comfortably for bottoms and a normal women's size XXS-S in tops. There are no additional sizes available, so please order thoughtfully.
Inspired by our favorite puffy jackets, we’ve made the cycling equivalent with a lot of warmth and minimal weight. But while your traditional down jacket is ”down proof” to keep the feathers from escaping and hence offers very low breathability, our synthetic down allows us to make the textile layers air permeable for excellent breathability. The construction is much more similar to that of an insulated alpine shell, with an insulation layer sandwiched between woven inner and outer layers. Unlike with most mountain jackets, the woven shell isn’t completely windproof, but instead we’ve left a small amount of permeability. The small amount of air that gets into the jacket picks up the moisture and evaporates it more efficiently than any membrane fabric available. The middle layer is a puffy insulation layer that we make in polypropylene partly because it’s insanely light (specific gravity 0.6g) but also because it won’t pick up moisture from either sweat or rain.
These limited-stretch fabrics require a new cut, so this one fits slightly looser than your race jacket. If your winter goals are new Strava PRs rather than winning races in the spring and summer, you’re better served by the Alpha Light Jacket or a Perfetto. But if your goals involve a real rather than virtual finish line, this jacket will make your winter riding better.
- 3-layer insulated construction with engineered air permeability gives our best combination of warmth, breathability and light weight
- Japanese-made air-permeable woven-textured nylon outer shell with water-repellent finish
- Polypropylene synthetic down insulation layer provides warmth while allowing full breathability without any water absorption
- Plissé stretch panels on sides, elbows and wrists allow for close-to-body fit yet with full freedom of movement
- 3 rear pockets with reflective gusset at bottom
- Inner waist closure allows you to block out drafts (closed) or allow extra breathability (open)
- Weight: 347g
The Castelli Women's Elemento Lite W Jacket - Infinity destined to impress, and priced at only $150.00, for a limited time.
Inventory Last Updated: Apr 02, 2023