Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Short
The Free Aero Race Bibshort is now both more comfortable and more aerodynamic. We wanted to make it perfect, so we tore down every component of the Free: every fabric, every construction method, every stitch.
- Vortex dimpled fabric on legs for aero performance
- Forza fabric on inner legs with 38% Spandex content for perfect fit
- Carré engineered lie-flat bib strap construction for minimal coverage, maximum comfort
- GiroAir mesh-like leg gripper elastic for better grip distributed over larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased support and comfort
- Reflective detailing on back
- New improved Progetto X2 Air seat pad for even greater comfort
Bottom Sizing Chart
Muscle Support and Speed
In re-engineering the Free we took a look at blood flow, providing just the right muscle support without constricting. The revolutionary Giro Air leg band provides more stretch and distributes the compression over a larger area. The body of the short uses 30% Spandex for excellent return.
We also looked at aerodynamics, optimizing boundary-layer airflow with the Giro Air leg band and the dimples on the side fabric. The wind tunnel says it saves 10 watts at 50 km/h, but you’ll probably want to go even faster because your aero advantage will only increase.
Confort and Fit
The best race short must be supremely comfortable. The new fabrics are all softer than the outgoing fabrics, especially the new softer surface fabric on the updated Progetto X2 Air seatpad. The innovative double V construction on the front keeps everything in place without compressing your stomach. And we’ve engineered a new Carré yoke that makes the straps lie perfectly flat.
But the most important part of comfort is fit. As one of our pro testers said, “These shorts fit perfectly. They don’t move around. Everything is just right.”
Every product is unique, just like you. If you're looking for a product that fits the mold of your life, the Castelli Free Aero Race Bibshort is for you.
Inventory Last Updated: Feb 26, 2021